2-hour Initial Consultation
- We’ll visit your project site, listen to your ideas and provide professional architectural advice and suggestions.
- We’ll confirm if planning is required, the fees you can expect to pay, and how long the design and approval stage is likely to take.
- We’ll provide details of local builders with a proven track record and explain what will happen during the tender and construction stages.
Design & Approvals
- We’ll instruct or carry out a survey depending on project size to create existing plans, elevations, sections and site plans before producing design concept proposals for your approval.
- We’ll produce planning information, submit the application on your behalf and liaise with the planning officer. We’ll also produce construction drawings for the structural engineer and building control. We’ll issue the approved drawings for your reference.
Tender Process & Pre-Start
- Before a final decision is made, we’ll determine the builders’ current workload and earliest start date. If satisfactory, we’ll issue a tender pack to 3 builders of your choice or our recommended builders.
- We’ll hold a site meeting with each builder (and you, the client) to discuss the project in detail and answer any questions. We’ll follow up to make sure quotes are returned on time, review all completed tenders, and make our recommendation.
- We’ll offer advice re: the contract between you and the chosen builder, and will establish, via a pre-start meeting, any planning conditions to be discharged prior to works starting.
Construction Phase - Client Representative
- Once work is underway, we’ll coordinate weekly progress meetings with the builder and you, the client. We’ll act as your representative for any issues or concerns that arise and will sign off stage payments as the project progresses.
- We’ll assist with design and specification decisions for kitchen and bathroom, and will produce a snagging list for anything that needs to be made good before releasing the builder’s final payment.
- We’ll submit an application for the necessary planning approval certificates and will coordinate the final inspection by building control. This will be followed by a project close-out meeting where as-built drawings will be issued.